Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

My employer told me I can't take maternity leave within the

my employer told me I can't take maternity leave within the legal deadline, what can I doand my baby is due September 19
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employer Full time supervisor accomodation
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thanks

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink-

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
my employer told me I can't take maternity leave within the legal deadline, what can I do,my child Born 19 September

Hi there,

You are entitled for maternity leave from your work if you have  started working for the employer if

you have worked for their employer in the 15th week before your baby is due and have worked for them for at least 26 weeks before that (you can find your dates by entering your due date below)

average pay, before tax, is at least £120 a week

So, you need to have worked for  atleast 26 weeks  before you gets entitled to maternity leave.

If you have worked less than 26 weeks with your current employer than you are not eligible for maternity leave.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.