james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Currently I work full time for company as a perm position,

Customer Question

Currently I work full time for company as a perm position, and I am considering to get a second job also permanent.I wanted to know if is that possible the employers get to know I have more than one job?Also when it comes to taxes both companies will be listed into HMRC or the second will replace the first?I am afraid to get a second job and jeopardise the first one.
Expert:  james bruce replied 12 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Yes you can have more than one job, be that part time or full time.

Check your employee contract first to ensure there are no restrictions on a second job.

Also if full time make sure hours so not conflict and that you are fit and not tired etc to do two full time jobs.

Taxes, would be dealt with by each employer individually. You would also nerf to register with HMRC for self assessment

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Not at the moment, I appreciate your prompt response

your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.