MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

My contract got terminated from a par time job due to

Customer Question

Hi. My contract got terminated from a par time job due to “violent” behaviour, I lashed out at a manager that was harrasing me. I got suspended for 7 months and then dismissed me. That manager has been suspended few months after this for the same behaviour. Can I appeal this to get my job back as tbh ey didn’t believe me even tho I had evidence
JA: Was this retaliation? Or based on age, race, religion, gender, or disability?
Customer: Retaliation from malicious managment (wouldn’t sleep with her so she tried managing me out the company)
JA: What kind of workplace is this (private sector, public sector, etc.)? How many employees?
Customer: UPs. Warehouse around 30
JA: Where are you located? Workplace termination laws vary by location.
Customer: Sheffield
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No - Does the lawyer cost?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Yes, you can, however there is a time limit to appealing this. Usually, your contract of employment will state what time limit you have to lodge an appeal. In the case of dismissal, a usual time limit is 5 working days from the date of termination of your employment but this could be longer or shorter.

There are 2 options you have for contesting your dismissal: First, utilising the appeals procedure offered by your employer, and second, if you have a legitimate unjust dismissal claim and have worked for your company for more than two years, you can file a claim with an employment tribunal.

However, before you appeal to your employer, you need to think carefully about whether you really want your job back. For most people, finding a new job as quickly as possible is the best way to move on from being dismissed.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.