MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117, Advocate
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I just had meeting with my employer I request flexible

Customer Question

Hi I just had meeting with my employer I request flexible working
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: He told me that probably it will be not avaiable position for me because they don't have enough staff to cover days when I will be off At the moment I am employed on 4 on 4 shift
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I request 2 days of work and 2 days off, I worked before 4 on 4 shift
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 11 days ago.
Good afternoon thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a practising solicitor with several years experience and I will be assisting you today. Please note that this is a Q and A platform and no lawyer client relationship is created. What is your question in relation to the flexible working request?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Employer don't want to agree for flexible working. Do I entitled to any compensation
What are the grounds that they have refused the flexible working request?
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 10 days ago.
There are limited grounds in which an employer can reject a flexible working request. They are 

• Lack of work in the times requested
  • Unable to organise work among other staff
  • Unable to meet customer demand 
  • the burden of additional costs
  • quality or standards will suffer
  • performance will suffer

If the company rejects the flexible working request because of one one of these reasons you would be unable to pursue the company for compensation.

Hopefully I have answered your question but. If anything remains unclear please do not hesitate to contact me further.