How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Laywer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 4264
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

A UK veteran has loss of hearing. Goes to a tribuneral and

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: A UK veteran has loss of hearing. Goes to a tribuneral and due to a cock up does not have proper legal representation. Hearing goes ahead. Case turns on the fact that his hearing was very poor when he joined up. This is stated but there is no record of his enlisting hearing test. Now wants to contest result but can only do so on a point of law? how does he appeal against the decision? thanks.
JA: Has he talked to a lawyer about this? What country does he live in?
Customer: He lives in England and was supposed to be represented by the RBL but they didn't turn up on the day. Zoom hearing.
JA: What steps has he taken so far?
Customer: Has asked for the written decision. But looking at the letter he can only appeal against it on a point of law.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He had a friend who is with SSAFA but no legal traing on the call.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you by the end of the evening.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist ifi in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

What is the point of law they are looking to appeal on?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The question is ''can he only appeal on a point of law''? Or can he appeal on the fact that some of the statements given have no evidence to support them?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can you answer the above questions?

Whilst it is entirely possible to appeal a decision made by the court/ a Judge, it is important to understand that decisions cannot simply be appeal on the basis you do not agree and would like a second opinion. There are different qualifying legal reasons you can apply to seek an appeal of a decision; however, you must qualify (or claim) a legitimate reason for this. The most common applications for appeal are one of the parties feel that the law has been incorrectly applied. For example, if the court has an incorrect legal entity, or you feel the interpretation of the law applied was incorrect (as some legislation can be interpreted in different ways). Another common ground for appeal can be if a party to the claim feels that the court have failed to correctly consider substantial evidence in the matter. If you make an application for appeal, you will want to present your evidence. A separate judge will look at the case and appeal claim and will determine whether the above applies

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** answered my question. We will look at an appeal on the grounds of evidence.

You are welcome and I wish you all the best.

RJM Law and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you