Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Hiya, I'm after advice on non-compete agreements. I recently

Hiya, I'm after advice on non-compete agreements. I recently resigned from a company where I had signed a non-compete and told them I would be joining a competitor. They have now sent me a letter from a lawyer for me to sign to say I won't breach my contract. I was due to start with the new company this week, but resigned immediately as I wanted to comply with my non-competes. I have informed their legal representation & my ex employers that I have ceased my employment with this company, but my question is, do I legally need to sign this additional paperwork to say I won't breach it?
JA: Have you discussed the non-compete agreement with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I discussed them with my manager, no lawyer.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I don't belong to a union. I was am employee of a company, but now I am unemployed
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that's everything
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
File attached (2SZ3QV6)
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Attached is the letter I received from the lawyers. It said it needed to be signed by the 3rd, but I informed them on the 3rd that I had ceased my employment with Sonicbrand (the new company) and am waiting a reply and wondering if I need to legally sign this document or not.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hey Jeremy, thanks for looking into this. I appreciate your help.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hey Jeremy, not rushing you, just wondering when I should expect a call from you, so I don't miss it. Thanks

Sorry I will be calling in a minute or two

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Fantastic, thank you

Thank you for your time on the phone as discussed you have informed them that you have stopped working for Sonicbrand therefore I would suggest not signing the undertakings document at this juncture and wait to see what they say. I trust this assists