How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DocPhilMD Your Own Question
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 58371
Experience:  Endocrinology Expert
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
DocPhilMD is online now

I was very unwell 5 years ago after tests and MRI they found

Customer Question

I was very unwell 5 years ago after tests and MRI they found I had very low potassium, high aldosterone, very high blood pressure. The MRI showed I had Bi- Lateral Adrenal hyperplasia , I was prescribed spirolactone ,ramapril and amlodipine , and then left in the care of my GP, the problem I have is what problems will I expect to face, and why is there nothing about Bi-Lateral Adrenal Hyperplasia only the Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia .
The Consultant at the hospital said it was basically a non malignant tumour which had turned my adrenal glands from upside down triangles to dumpling.
The reason I am asking this is I have not being feeling very well , totally exhausted and just feel poorly , when I told my Boss she looked it up and more or less said there was nothing she could find only the CAH and that would not cause the problems I have had and not to use this as an excuse when I have had a day off
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for this question

I'm very sorry your boss is acting like this.

The key here is that the blood pressure and the electrolytes need to be monitored...closely...very closely

This absolutely explains why you feel bad at times. This disease can cause fatigue, depression, weight gain, and all the symptoms you are having

here is an article you can give to your boss

you basically have the equivalent of hyperaldosteronism or Conn's syndrome.

I hope this helps. If you have more questions, just reply. :)