How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DocPhilMD Your Own Question
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 58383
Experience:  Endocrinology Expert
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
DocPhilMD is online now

my son is 20 months old. I think he has got micropenis.

Customer Question

Hi my son is 20 months old. I think he has got micropenis. I have taken him to gp but they did not take me seriously. According to Dr Greene a very famous Internet site his penis should measure 1.6 inches to be normal but he measures 1.3 inches. I have done lots of research and parents who had similar condition with their boys had stated that testosterone shot made really a huge differences. What do you suggest ??? Shall I take him to private urologist??
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 3 years ago.
still need help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But you have not provided any info and did not ask any further question?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes, that is reasonable to take him to a urologist
they have special tools to measure penis and testicle size.
I agree with your plan