How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 48740
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

Can someone please help ?High RA factor found 13 years ago

Customer Question

Can someone please help ?
High RA factor found 13 years ago after pregnancy no medication given (Breathless sweating, hairloss joint pain)Diagnosis post natal depression. Full hysterectomy 8 years ago hrt prescribed. 2 years ago uncomfortable in neck jaw, nothing abnormal found tsh 1.3.
Since January 2015 extreme fatigue hair loss , weight gain ,tongue biting, joint pain , gout . This last month increased breathless, doctor diagnosed depression in May fluoxetine prescribed, initially 20mg then increased after 8 weeks to 40 mg ( symptoms still present) private blood test just revealed high cholesterol 6.6, triglycerides 2.17 hdl ratio 4.5 (raised crp , alt, ggt,basophils, rbc) vitamin d deficient 13ng, tsh 0.58, free t4 14.14, t3 6.78 positive tpo antibodies 125.4 ( range 0- 34) current meds are 40 mg fluoxetine , 40,000 iu d3 for 8 weeks just finished. Please help doctor is extremely busy and I get 10 mins with him to tell him what's up and he just keeps saying depression.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My temperature is way off , freezing cold nose , toes then the next week excessive sweating. slip on shoes because of foot pain and swelling in lower leg . Pain in left elbow feels like glass shards every time I use it . Female 5ft 8 weight 109 kg last September 84 kg.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

you need to consult with an endocrinologist

elevated anti thyroid antibodies can be a sign of hashimotos thyroiditis which is an autoimmune disorder where your body makes antibodies against your own thyroid gland.

your thyroid peroxidase antibodies are elevated

you need to see a rheumatologist as well and get more testing for your rheuamtoid factor to check for other autoimmune conditions as well such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis

patients who have one autoimmune disorder are at risks for other autoimmune conditions.

you should get your cortisol levels and ACTH levels checked as well and vitamin D and B12 and iron and ferritin levels checked as well

let me know if you have questions.