tazechip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified in general practice with years of experience treating diabetics with multiple other medical conditions

I suffer from bipolar disorder and I already take indivina

I suffer from bipolar disorder and I already take indivina 1mg/5mg and have done for the past 2 years. But I have had a mild depression since the beginning of February 2015 . ( I have an 8 year occurrence of winter depressions that always last 5 months.) Except this year it has lasted more than 8 months and I am wondering if it has something to do with my hormones or lack of hormones
Hi. Have you had your estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone levels checked recently?And how about thyroid function and cortisol levels?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I haven't had those hormone levels checked

OK Judy

All of those need checking to see if the indivina is at the right dosage and to see if this is a problem either with a low functioning thyroid or with low cortisol production from your adrenal glands

Let me know if you need any more information please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could you please list the symptoms of hypothyroidism.

Weight gain
Feeling cold when others feel fine
Sleeping a lot and feeling sleepy and tired
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think my thyroid is fine because I have recenty lost weight and I am quite slim , so I will get the other checks done.

OK--Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What would be the next dose up from 1mg/5mg if that dose is not right/

2/5 would be the next higher dosage
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just been to the gp and she won't do the hormone tests because I have a mirena inside, and she said it would be useless doing a test because I am already on HRT, she also said that I have to deal with one thing at a time ie coming off lithium and going on another mood stabiliser, is there another way I can get those hormone tests done.

You would have to go private then