How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 49164
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I'm a 48 year old female & was diagnosed with hyperprolac

Customer Question

Hi, I'm a 48 year old female & was diagnosed with hyperprolactanaemia when I was 19. I am 6'1" tall & my husband is 6'4". We have a 12 year old son & a 10 year old son. My 12 year old is 5'10" & I am concerned about his height & worried that my hormone imbalance whilst pregnant with him may cause him to grow extremely tall. Are there growth suppressant treatments available if he continues to grow at his current rate? My GP sees no reason for concern.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
both you and your husband are tall.
it could very well be normal for your son to be at his height at his age.
I bet if he gets his blood prolactin and growth hormone levels checked, they will be normal for him.
there are no growth suppressant medications if his growth hormone and prolactin and pituitary hormone levels are normal.
if you continue to worry, you can get him to see a private endocrinologist in the UK
but I bet his blood tests and hormone tests will be normal
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
Thanks for using