How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

I am going through the menopause and currently take HRT. My

This answer was rated:

I am going through the menopause and currently take HRT. My symptoms have recently returned in the form on anxiety and palpitations particularly upon waking. I have heard about getting cortisol levels tested to help monitor fluctuations and reduce stress. Any idea where and who can provide this testing?

Thank you for your question.

Your regular GP can provide the cortisol test.

It is a routine test that can be done by GPs.

I would strongly recommend that you be seen by your GP.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Dr. SH and other Endocrinology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave more details in the section regarding what I was currently taking/ doing and was therefore expecting a bit more detail regarding when cortisol tests would be useful and if GP does not agree to it if private partitioner can do it and advise on my symtoms further or other tests that may assist eg Estrogen levels etc