How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 4827
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now

I am an 18 year old girl with the following symptoms and

Customer Question

I am an 18 year old girl with the following symptoms and wondered whether I have a problem with my hormones.
Irregular periods - occurring every 2/3 months
Acne - I have had this for approx 2/3 years
Underdeveloped breasts
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Yes you may have an issue with your hormones. All of the signs you describe are associated with hyperandrogenism or excess testosterone. You need to see a gynecologist as soon as you can.