How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

Please could you tell me if someone with CKD at stage 3b/4

Customer Question

please could you tell me if someone with CKD at stage 3b/4 start to loose height as a result of this? He will be 17 in January. He seems slightly shorter than in the beginning of the year or am I imagining this? Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns.

Your loss of height is almost certainly not due to kidney disease.

However, if someone has weak bones (osteoporosis) the vertebrae in the spine can become compressed and you can lose a bit of height as a result.

But other than that I do not think that the loss of height is due to kidney disease.

You could possibly be imagining it as well.

This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.