DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Endocrinology Expert
55099014

I have been looking into Adrenal overactivity and adrenal

Hello! I have been looking into Adrenal overactivity and adrenal fatigue I have for as long as I can remember suffered fro what I felt what over active adrenal glands. It has in fact dominated my behaviour patterns. I have been suffereding chronic stress for many years and have had several hospital visits due to severe panic attacks. I am now a long term sufferer of depression. What can I go about getting tested? How can it be resolved

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Do you still need help Hugh?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
please!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello I am not sure how this works but I see that I have already paid £37 via PayPal! Do I have to pay even more to get some help?

I would see a doctor and get the following blood tests

1)ACTH level

2)cortisol level

3)24 hour urine cortisol

The first two should be done as close to 8 am as possible

is this helpful?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks. In the research I have been doing. Adrenal Fatigue seems to be considered by many as a mythical condition, as many practitioners feel about fibromyalgia. I do not have any acheing muscles and have in the main been quite fit and athletic. I do often have an ache around the kidneys. But I have always, even as a child felt surges of Adrenalin that made me almost pass out. This has got less significant as I have got older, but I have on reflection always had a certain baseline of anxiety and depression and had significant bags under my eyes since about 16 regardless of sleep. I have suffered insomnia for years though and seem to get a surge of energy in the evenings. I have self medicated with cannabis to combat this for many years. Could I have had over active adrenal glands as a child and am now suffering adrenal fatigue at 46?

Yes, this is possible

Doctors that don't believe in fibro or adrenal fatigue are just behind the times

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply :)