wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I've been on levothyroxine 125mcg/150mcg on alternate days

Customer Question

I've been on levothyroxine 125mcg/150mcg on alternate days for nearly 20 years. I'm 56 and receiving HRT(Kliovance).My quality of life is just fair as I'm tired all the time have hair and eyebrow thining and weight gain even doing exercise and watching my diet. Referral to an endocrinologist has been declined. I'd like to try a brand name thyroxine for say 8 weeks to see if I feel one bit better. I feel the longer release time of such a drug might benefit me. How can I persuade my GP? Blood results are normal.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

The best way to get your GP to switch you to a brand name thyroxine is to tell her exactly what you just told me.

Your request seems entirely reasonable and I can not imagine why your GP would deny such a simple thing.....unless, of course, the NHS has some sort of penalty if your GP uses certain medications over others.

If she denies you this simple and reasonable request you might consider changing doctors or seeing a private doctor who might be more willing to do this simple thing for you.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS