wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Good afternoon. I have post viral fatigue syndrome and have

Customer Question

Good afternoon. I have post viral fatigue syndrome and have done for some 12 months. My symptoms are over active sweating from arm pits and my feet,nasal drip and blocked nose. If it’s really bad I have terrible headaches at the front of my head.i also get very tired and my body aches. Is there anything I can do to alleviate or a specialist I can see?
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

What virus were you infected with?

What have you tried so far?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi - I don’t know what virus I had as didn’t go to dr. Symptoms were hot sweats (dripping wet at night) and then freezing cold. Headaches, short of breath and very weak. I have had glandular fever and shingles in the past.Apart from resting I haven’t tried anything and apart from a nasal steroid I’ve tried no medications. I have no other medical problems I am aware of.I used to do a lot of excercise, tennis, marathons, gym work and did a lot of building work. This has all stopped now as the fatigue won’t allow me too.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

At this point you really have no choice but to go see your GP. After a complete exam she will want to do a battery of blood tests and possibly some imaging studies.

Your chemistry may be out of wack.....

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I saw my GP who confirmed post viral. The nurse tested my bloods and the results were normal. I just wanted to know if there were any other options I could try to speed up my recovery
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

Yes, you could try taking some magnesium supplements, B complex vitamins, feverfew herbs and ginger.

It is also important to stay well hydrated.

The good news?

You will recover and get back to your normal self in the long run.

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick MD FACS