Dr. Saleem
Dr. Saleem, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Two years experience of internal medicine also adept in the diagnosis and treatment of endocrinology related disorders.
23101880

I have too much calcium in my blood, doctor says could be

Hi there, I have too much calcium in my blood, doctor says could be hyperthyroidism. Would I need surgery? Thanks. Marian Mcdonald

Hello , i am Dr Saleem here . Well yes if it is hyperparathyroidism then it may need surgery . Ultrasound of the neck would reveal if at all you have got any parathyroid mass e.g adenoma or enlarged parathyroid tissue . In either case it can necessitate surgery to remove part or whole of the gland .

Hope it answers your query

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.