wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have a question about my prolactinoma. I am trying to

Customer Question

Hello, I have a question about my prolactinoma. I am trying to decide about whether I should go on cabergoline or not. My prolactinoma is quite small and has gotten slightly smaller since my first scan. We’re concerned it may impact on my getting pregnant, but my period has come back (although it still is quite a long cycle, about 39 days on average). We’re also worried it may damage my bone health in the long term. I’m nervous about cabergoline and don’t know if I should go on it unless I have to.
Thanks,
Gwen
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 13 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 13 days ago.

Gwen,

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

What does your endocrinologist think about this issue?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for the reply. I don’t take any other medications. I do take Vitex (chasteberry) herbal supplements since I went off the Pill a year and a half ago and I think it has helped to bring my cycle back to normal. I’m overweight but otherwise healthy and no issues. I see the endocrinologist once a year so they’re not usually up to date on how things are going and I can’t really call them for a chat. The last meeting we had was last November. I told them that I was hoping to have killed dis soon and that my period had come back but was quite infrequent and irregular, and they prescribed me a low dose of cabergoline, but I wasn’t able to get the prescription filled due to miscommunication between the hospital and my doctor’s office. Since then my periods have become a lot more normal, but I do know the prolactinoma is still there.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
kids soon
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

I would talk to your doctor again but, from what you have posted, I don't think it would hurt to try a course of a low dose of cabergoline.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS