How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Adi Your Own Question
Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 284
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
Dr Adi is online now

I had a head injury five years ago and started suffering

Customer Question

Hi, I had a head injury five years ago and started suffering with symptoms since including unexplained weight gain, fatigue, poor sleeping at night, hair loss, bruising easily, rounded face and hump around the upper back. My cortisol levels were tested and were high above normal range and was told to de stress my life. Did so, I tried I’m unable to work. I spend most days resting for the last five years which haven’t changed my symptoms. I’m now very poorly where I’m suffering permanently with pressure around the head or chest pains everyday whenever I get up to do something. Don’t know where to turn as when I get tested at a&e they check my heart rate and say is fine and send me away. Help
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: No not currently
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had a Low-dose dexamethasone suppression test which reduced cortisol but have had cortisol blood tests done over the years and they have been high. And my symptoms are debilitating and not going away. I now feel I’m likely to either have a stroke or heart attack with my present symptoms so I test all the time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 years ago.

How old are you?


Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.