neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

Here are ultrasound results: At the site of concern,

Here are ultrasound results:
At the site of concern, overlaying the left submandibular gland, there are two adjacent prominent lymph nodes, one of which measures 1.6x 0.9 cm and demonstrates an irregular pattern of vascularity with no clear hilar structure.
In the right lobe of the thyroid, there's a 7x8x6mm heterogenous nodule with a lobulated appearance of appearance in keeping with an indeterminate (U3) nodule.
What does all that mean?
Hello-

Can you tell me about your symptoms and why your doctor ordered the ultrasound in the first place?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I didn't have any symptoms at all except that I felt a lump and went to the doctors but I have been struggling with my right leg neck pain lower back pain and headaches but all started after a car accident together with my left arm.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No I will stick to typing as I cannot afford the cost.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please cancel phone call request.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Shall we carry on

OK, thanks.

The thyroid nodule is a common thing that can be seen in a thyroid gland, and your doesn't have any particularly concerning features, so they call it "indeterminate". It should be followed with repeat ultrasound imaging.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What about the irregular pattern and also do explain all the results because am worried.

The irregular vascularity is a bit concerning for a lymph node, and that, along with the larger size of the lymph node, may prompt your doctor to want to get further testing, perhaps a biopsy of that lymph node.

Or at the very least, get a followup ultrasound in a few weeks to look for changes.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Could it be cancer then and if so which and what are my chances of survival?

There's no way to know right now if this is a possible issue with lymphoma or not.

You would need to get further testing.

But the ultrasound results that you post here is a bit concerning.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’m really concerned too, am waiting for a hospital appointment where all the tests will be done and perhaps diagnosis too.

Best of luck.

Hopefully it turns out to be nothing at all.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks for today, am starting work in an hour. Will ask further questions later after my nights.

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am not losing weight have no fever or any symptoms at the moment so can it come silently.