tazechip
tazechip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified in general practice with years of experience treating diabetics with multiple other medical conditions
18722459

I have a very bad sinus cold which makes me feel sickly, I

I have a very bad sinus cold which makes me feel sickly, I have not eaten properly for three day. I have been sick on a couple of occasions, I am type 2 diabetic. I am taking sinutab and annadin extra. Not sure how to proceed as I have been in bed as recommended.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: I started feeling I’ll thurs night but just thought it,was a bad cold
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have under active thyroid, tachacaria, high cholesterol

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Have you seen a doctor about this?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No

Most often this is a viral sinus infection that will run it's course without the need for antibiotics

For now you can take over the counter oral probiotics, a saline nasal spray, zinc lozenges, and ibuprofen along with plenty of fluids

But if it continues beyond another five days you need to see your doctor to see if you need a course of oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I was worried that not eating could affect my diabetes

Well you certainly need to eat--for now it can be soups, broths, bread, fruits and things like Ensure or Boost