Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

Is there an endocrinologist out there who understands that

Customer Question

Is there an endocrinologist out there who understands that maintaining dietary ketosis with a low carb high fat diet, is beneficial in the treatment of Type 2 diabetes? I need support and I am tired of having poisons pushed on me (carbs,wholegrains,fruits) as part of a 'healthy balanced' diet! Help!
JA: The Endocrinologist can help. To begin, any recent weight loss/gain? Are you excessively thirsty?
Customer: Yes and no
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Endocrinologist should know?
Customer: Type 2 diabetes
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, thanks for your question and curiosity of managing your diabetes with diet. This is certainly wise, but depends on a number of factors.

Can I ask what your Hba1c level is? also your BMI (or weight and height)?