DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

Im looking at seeing an endo, and short of it is, i train

Customer Question

hi there im looking at seeing an endo, long and short of it is, i train super smart eat super clean no sugars no alcohol no smoking no drugs, im 47 im know my testosterone will be low, always carry tummy fat even on keto?? i think my weeing 3-4 times a nite could be a problem?? ive done lots of research but need some help please?
JA: The Endocrinologist can help. To begin, any recent weight loss/gain? Are you excessively thirsty?
Customer: no to both but i do drink 3 litres aday
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Endocrinologist should know?
Customer: I had long term stress so maybe this has thrown hormones out of syn?? but always had my problems since 18?? always had problems gaining muscle and loosing fat ?? very frustrating when i train hard and eat super clean?
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I am Dr Elliot. Thank you for your question, do you have urinary frequency in the day, or night only? Also do you notice any issues with your urinary flow - does it take longer to get started, is your flow weaker, do you dribble after you think everything is out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, im very sensitive to carbs, what i mean is i cant stick to strict keto, which has helped tummy fat but not as much as it should, im a complex beast, this has been an issue since i was a boy, ive had blood tests ultra sound to see how my bladder empties. I do wee alot in day as well which isnt a big problem , but at night is as it maybe be the problem to my muscle growth fat loss?? hgh?? Im looking at seeing someone who knows about muscle growth and can really point me in the right direction?? sorry what i mean by that its not diabetes like they all think i dont eat hardly any carbs?? sorry to chew u ear of im just frustrated with how poorly my body works?? but feel great have loads of energy and never get ill??
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Do not be sorry - however you have excluded the most likely cause being 47 that you do not have an outflow problem such as benign prostatic hyperplasia. Until the most obvious cause is excluded there is little point considering the alternatives.

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

I would also assume you have had a HbA1c checked to confirm you do not have diabetes?

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

I am going to opt out, I do not think I will be able to find you a solution to your problems.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay Thankyou I realise the prostate issue but I’ve had this since a small boy but agree I need to get these checked , I think I need to ring someone Thankyou.
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hi, please just try restricting plain water, soft drinks or fluid dishes after 4 pm and this should cure your nocturnal polyuria. Good luck.