DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Just got my annual tests back and TSH is 0.06 T3 and T4 are

Customer Question

Just got my annual tests back and TSH is 0.06 T3 and T4 are within range but GP comment is no action required. Is the correct? Currently on 125 Thyroxine daily along with 2 x 40mg Propanol to keep HR within a reasonable rate.
JA: Any recent weight loss/gain? Are you excessively thirsty?
Customer: Bit thirsty but weight stable, loss of appetite as well.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: 64 years old, retired and smoker, probably drink too much red wine. Sleep well but for up to 11 hours, constantly tired and aches in every joint.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 6 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Yes he is right

The low TSH is due to the thyroxine you are using

As T4 is normal so no need to change anything

I would suggest to check T3 as well

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
T3 is also shown on the test and within normal limits

Alright so nothing to worry and no change in treatment required

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Such low TSH indicates I have gone overactive again so this should require dosage changes at least.

No as the T3 and T4 are normal

Your doctor can reduce the dose or increase it based on the T3 and T4 results and not solely on TSH