Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I would like to speak to someone about suspected Diabetes, I

Customer Question

Hello, I would like to speak to someone about suspected Diabetes
JA: Any recent weight loss/gain? Are you excessively thirsty?
Customer: I have many diabetes symptoms
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have PCOS and many symptoms for years
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 13 days ago.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. What questions do you have?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello, I'm British and I live in Denmark. I've lived here for about 8 years on and off. I have many symptoms and readings that point to Diabetes. However, I've had two A1C tests of 4.9. I feel the GPs here are not taking me seriously, especially because the A1C is low. Please could you take a look at this and let me know what you think?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It would be great with a call but is it possible to read these first as it explains better than I can verbally
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I bought a dexcom to follow my blood sugar
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 13 days ago.
You’re hemoglobin A1C is normal but I see two elevated fasting blood sugars. I suggest you get a glucose tolerance test to see definitively if you are prediabetic or not.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 13 days ago.
When there’s a discrepancy between A1C and blood sugars , it’s wise to do a ggt.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
okay thank you
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 13 days ago.
You’re welcome.