Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I am waiting for a ct scan for possible pheochromacytoma, I

Hi there, I am waiting for a ct scan for possible pheochromacytoma, I have been ill for about two years on occasions with episodes of high blood pressure fast heart rate, shaking etc etc and then in dec 2020 I had a heart attack, followed by a small stroke three days later on the ward, I am not good with any of the normal medication for these things and I did not have any stents at the time, I have no coronary artery disease, I previous
JA: When did you start using this medication? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: y have had Graves’ disease and received radioactive iodine in about 2002. I would like to go for a scan private
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about pheochromocytoma?
Customer: y because I am not coping well now thank you Katie Macdonald
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I just can’t tolerate any meds, bisoprolol, clopidegrel, colchicine etc, I have not tried propranolol yet but may do in desperation, I also have myopericarditis my ef was 46 percent so it’s not that bad, I only take aspirin for anti plate Let and my levothyroxine.
Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Good morning, thank you for getting back to me on a Sunday
A blood and urine test should alone be able to diagnose this, but an MRI would be a more appropriate scan to have.For an MRI you can just request one privately at most private services. A CT scan will require a private doctor appointment first.
Do you know of a of a local private hospital?If not, please let me know your closest town and I can look for you.I may be a couple of hours in response which I apologise for as had a few internet issues
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There are urine tests waiting for results at kings college hospital , so if I go for an mri scan what should I ask for, I can do that privately without a private doctor ppointment first then ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I live near Worthing in West Sussex, the urine results won’t be ready for four to six weeks so I want a scan ASAP , thank you if you could let me know of the best place to go that would be great
Thanks, ***** ***** You could try the Nuffield hospital near Brighton. Alternatively your quickest option is likely to be London
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I can’t even get out of bed, and not walk far or drive at all, do I have to ask for anything special like dyes or anything or will they know that
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ah, I have looked at the Nuffield, but I forgot to say the hospital put a reveal device into my chest because they could not find any AF and want to mo it or me remotely, is it still suitable for me to have MRI scan with a reveal device implant ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The reveal device was fitted on the 23/12/20...

I see, okay thanks. So yes an MRI may not be appropriate.

You would therefore need to book a private appointment as you are not able to request a CT scan yourself.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ah, thankyou , they were going to do it when they did an mri of my heart but it was left out. I will talk to my doctor then and ask her to organise it, thank you

That is my pleasure, I am sorry that it is not that straight forward, I do wish you all the best though.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thankyou, I am so shocked by it all, I have been in and out of a and e since January 2019, no one referred me, and I thought it was my thyroid in the end playing up again, it’s not obviously. I have had a dreadful time with the medication it seems I am very sensitive to the side affects, but I was once the latest load has left my system going to ask to try some propranolol, it makes me so nervous now though. There must be something that will help a bit , thankyou though Katie

I can understand. Take care.