the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor and Endocrinology Expert
55099014

I just bought these hair vitamins and I'm a guy and I was

Customer Question

I just bought these hair vitamins https://www.vitabiotics.com/products/perfectil-original-tablets and I'm a guy and I was concerned about the iron content per tablet its 12mg and I know the recommend about is around 8mg. I run and workout but I've heard how having too much iron is badforyouas men can't excrete iron or something like that. So I was wondering what I should do ? Is it a bad idea to use them ? I was thinking I could take the vitamin every second day so it would kind be like me getting 6mg iron each day via the supplement. I don't know any help would be great !I do not want to overdose on iron because too much iron can causes oxidative stress. I regularly get about 6mg iron from my diet but because my diet doesn't consists of a lot of meat i thought maybe this multivitamin will help a little with that and also zinc and ect because i read how plant iron is less bioavailable and accessible. overall if i take this supplement and i follow my healthhy diet accoring to cronometer food log i get about 18mg iron. Hope you can help me.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 15 days ago.

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Yes, just stop taking them

You will be fine.

your body will eliminate some of the extra iron.

Or go donate blood and that will speed up the process

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I want to take this as a supplement should I ?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (VS4L361)

No reason to.

Just eat healthy and exercise.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I do but I don't eat a lot of red meat for the iron
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I was wondering

You will get enough from your diet

eat other foods with iron

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
also I was wondering about the bioavailability of the iron too how much the absorption will be
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
like what food

https://leftsidepains.com/foods-rich-in-iron/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Iron%20Rich%20Foods&utm_term=iron%20rich%20foods&utm_content=Iron%20Foods%201

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
plant foods dont have much heme iron from what I know

I understand.

Supplements like this contain a ton of junk you don't need at all

better to get through diet