Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I just bought these hair vitamins and I'm a guy and I was

Customer Question

I just bought these hair vitamins https://www.vitabiotics.com/products/perfectil-original-tablets and I'm a guy and I was concerned about the iron content per tablet its 12mg and I know the recommend about is around 8mg. I run and workout but I've heard how having too much iron isbadforyouasmen can't excrete iron or something like that. So I was wondering what I should do ? Is it a bad idea to use them ? I was thinking I could take the vitamin every second day so it would kind be like me getting 6mg iron each day via the supplement. I don't know any help would be great !I do not want to overdose on iron because too much iron can causes oxidative stress. I regularly get about 6mg iron from my diet but because my diet doesn't consists of a lot of meat and is mostly plant based and I know there is a difference in absorption regarding heme and non heme iron. i thought maybe this multivitamin will help a little with that and also zinc and ect because i read how plant iron is less bioavailable and accessible. overall if i take this supplement and i follow my healthhy diet accoring to cronometer food log i get about 18mg iron which I'm worried might be too much. Hope you can help me.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
okay thanks

These viramins are safe to take.

Recommended dose of iron for those between 19-50 years is 18 mg per day.

For those above 51, dose is 8 mg/day.

You have not indicated your age, if you are over 51, you can take 1 tab alternately. But if you are between 19 and 50 as I assume, it is quite safe to take these vitamins.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti