drphophalia
drphophalia, Doctor
Experience:  Do adrenal, thyroid and parathyroid surgery regularly.
5625079

I’ve got a swollen gland on the right side of my neck. Just

Customer Question

I’ve got a swollen gland on the right side of my neck. Just below my jaw. It’s been swollen for a good few months now. It’s uncomfortable when I move my neck I can feel it pulling and it’s not a nice feeling. I’ve had an ultrasound which told me it was nothing concerning, just swollen lymph node. But is there a reason why? It’s been a long time, months and months it’s been swollen just on the one side and I don’t know why? I’m still very concerned even though I had ultrasounds
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  drphophalia replied 20 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

Answers here are for education and information.

I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Thanks for the question.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 3-5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.

An ultrasound is the best to assess a swelling/lymph node. It would have detected anything suspicious.

The lymph nodes are our body's first defense mechanisms so lymph nodes may get enlarged due to trivial reasons (like acne, tooth/gum infection, sore throat, sinusitis, etc) and remain enlarged. The enlargement is termed reactive lymphadenitis or non-specific lymphadenitis.

An enlarged lymph node does not mean disease.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need more information.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.