Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I have been trying to conceive for 2 years and had chemical

Customer Question

I have been trying to conceive for 2 years and had chemical pregnancies where I get a positive test for a single day around 8 days after ovulation. I only know from testing early. I have recurring cyclical thrush and BV the week before my period and a short follicular phase of 11 days with a 14 day luteul phase. I’m on levothyroxin for a sub clinical hypothyroid. I’m convinced my hormones are off especially in the luteul phase where I get thrush and Bv almost every month from 8 days or so before my period. I was given progesterone but that did stop the symptoms and I still had a chemical pregnancy. My prolactin tested high and then normal at a repeat screening but I have leaked breast milk despite not having a baby or being pregnant. Is there anything I can do to check everything is a aligned?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: levothyroxin and progesterone if I get preganant
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am keen for investigating my hormones fully out with what GPs offer and hope through hormone testing might being answers. I’ve been to the fertility clinic and recurrent pregnancy loss clinic but they don’t seem to test anything other than thyroid and can offer no solutions.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 15 days ago.
Hello! I’m Dr.Customer It is a pleasure to me to attend you

Can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i am 34

Do you take any other medication regularly?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Levothyroxin and I have tried progesterone after ovulation but still had a chemical pregnancy

please give me a moment

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to be able to assist you Today, I am very sorry for the health situation you are experiencing with everything you are telling me, I want to tell you that the fertility problem you have seems to be really complex, obviously it must be accompanied by a list of studies and a physical examination to help us determine if there are organic metabolic, endocrinological or hormonal alterations that may be triggering this decrease in the possibility of getting pregnant, your doctor must perform a certain amount of analysis or clinical studies among which the measurement of hormones such as lutein, estrogen, progesterone, follicle stimulant and estradiol is usually of vital importance to determine the state of fertility you have, high levels of prolactin triggers an increase in the secretion of milk through the mammary gland so you must also control this hormone and its excessive production, all these hormonal and endocrinological studies must be accompanied by performing imaging tests such as an ultrasound, a CT scan or an MRI in the worst case to see if there is some kind of structural or anatomical alteration that may be influencing your level of infertility, then as you will see hormonal tests help determine if there is some kind of problem from the functional point of view and imaging tests such as ultrasound scans help determine if there is a structural problem, if you can find the functional or structural cause of this situation I am sure that your doctors can treat it properly, Today there is a range of therapeutic possibilities ranging from corrections of the reasons to the administration of drugs such as clomiphene but it is essential to know the cause with certainty to treat it properly and specifically, I would like you to keep me abreast of the situation of your health situation, I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can, I will be attentive to any additional questions about it and I send you a big greeting.