How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Matt Your Own Question
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Category: Engineering
Satisfied Customers: 23469
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
Type Your Engineering Question Here...
Matt is online now

I have designed a drinking fountain school project. As

This answer was rated:

I have designed a drinking fountain for a school project.
As it won't be connected to the mains water supply when being presented I need to use a pump to get water flowing through it. What would be the best option for this? Ideally to supply three faucets a metre high, through 3/8" tubing.
hello the key thing to note is is there's any gravity head to assist you as 95% of the time the water tank is in the roof of the buildinghowever if the pump has to lift up a metre then it will need to be bigger than if it was gravity fed so if you have no gravity head then you need a pump capable of lifting more than a metre to give you some cover to flow lossesand I'd look to the caravan market to provide you with suitable pumplike this one
Matt and other Engineering Specialists are ready to help you