How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A.Valcke Your Own Question
A.Valcke, Solicitor
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 5
Experience:  Solicitor 14+ years experience // Masters in EU Law
Type Your European Law Question Here...
A.Valcke is online now

My mother who had property in Germany has just died without

Customer Question

My mother who had property in Germany has just died without leaving a german will. She was joint owner with her sister, does this mean that the german law will dictate that the property passes over to her sister and not her husband?

The house was my mother's family home but she bought all of her sisters out.  However, with the one remaining sister, the solicitor transferred fees to my Aunt's account before receiving her signed agreement to transfer title of the property.  When my mother learned of this, she tried to get my aunt to sign the papers but as she has Alzeimers, she is not legally fit to sign the documents and her son refuses to take full power of attorney.

Unfortunately my mother has now died without leaving a German will and we fear that her beloved house will be lost.

Hope you can help.


Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

This is taking too long and I have now consulted a solicitor in German. Can you please arrange to have my money refunded to me.

Thanks & Regards,