How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thegonnec Your Own Question
Thegonnec, Industrial Tribunal Judge
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 1445
Experience:  15 years experience as a judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal
Type Your European Law Question Here...
Thegonnec is online now

I live in France. I was born in Scotland but spent all my adult

This answer was rated:

I live in France. I was born in Scotland but spent all my adult life in England before coming here.When the new inheritance laws come onto effect, can I ask for Ennglish law to apply to my will? have an estranged sone to whom I wish to leave little or nothing
Yes by the end of 2015, you will be able to do just this. Yet you will have to contact a notaire to ensure this is done properly and write a will under English law.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am glad to hear that. I was unsure about the difference between place of birth and country of closest association. Would I have to give proof that I had lived in England during ly adult life?

Yes you would and you would also have to prove than you still have strong ties with England (relatives, economic interests, assets)
Thegonnec and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you