SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Is there a department within HMRC that handles 'European

Hi Pearl, Is there a department within HMRC that handles 'European Disputes' regarding Time-Share misselling and scam Lawyers suggesting they can get you out of Time Share contracts?
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: I had a call from someone who said they worked for HMRC in London, European Disputes Dept.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes! I was in contact with a company called Taylor Marshall and their associates RSB Legal. I paid them to get me out of my Time Share contract. However, I have subsequently discovered that these people have been jailed for Fraud.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The person that called me, Claire Kelly, gave me a number:*********** that doesn't exist.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. I am certainly not aware of a department within HMRC that is dealing with this type of issue. IF the companies that you retained were solicitors the best option if they are now no longer trading is to contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority to find out if they are aware of them and if so what if any arrangements are in place for the files they were handling prior to stopping trading. If they were solicitors they would have had to have professional indemnity insurance cover which should provide cover for a run off period post closure. I am not sure about the number you got from Claire Kelly but try this number for the HMRC*********** I hope this is useful to you and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best