iram a
iram a,
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

Im confused i have a refugee travel document from the

Customer Question

HELLO
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: im confused i have a refugee travel document from the Netherlands do i need a visa to travel to the uk with that passport
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: im just going for a visit as i say i have only a refuguee passport from the netherlands
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: im a status holder
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: so can i travel o no to the uk?
Category: European Law
Expert:  iram a replied 5 months ago.

hi,

i can help you for your concerns.

when did you get this travel document?

where are you from originally ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
im refugee from the Netherlands since last, year I got the passport last week , am originally from Venezuela but I do have a Venezuelan passport I do used only my refugee travel document and my ID card from the Netherlands
Expert:  iram a replied 5 months ago.

Is your refugee status stamped on the Venezuelan passport?

Expert:  iram a replied 5 months ago.

Or your refugee travel document issued under EU convention (black or blue)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no I don't have a Venezuelan passport anymore I do have a dutch refugee passport a travel document for refugee blue one
Expert:  iram a replied 5 months ago.

hi

i give your answer.

You need to get visit visa to come to UK from your nearest UK Embassy on your Dutch refugee travel document.

i hope it will help you.

Please you give 5 star to encourage me to help people

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
for surei most have to have a visa to travel to the uk?
Expert:  iram a replied 5 months ago.

for your satisfaction, i have attached the link to address your issue.

please read Number 13.2 of this link

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/what-are-acceptable-travel-documents-for-entry-clearance-ecb08/ecb08-what-are-acceptable-travel-documents-for-entry-clearance

i hope it will help you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All holders of 1951 CTDs, except those issued by the UK, are required to give a record of their fingerprints on arrival in the UK. Visas endorsed on 1951 CTDs do not confer leave to enter. here its mine confusion because they talk about finger prints up to arrival that's means a visa ?
Expert:  iram a replied 5 months ago.

It does not mean visa, it only explains about fingerprints on arrival. Visa must be endorsed on the travel document then fingerprints would be taken on arrival at UK airport.

i hope it will help you.

Expert:  iram a replied 5 months ago.

I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you