How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask iram a Your Own Question
iram a
iram a,
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 1874
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your European Law Question Here...
iram a is online now

Im confused i have a refugee travel document from the

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: im confused i have a refugee travel document from the Netherlands do i need a visa to travel to the uk with that passport
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: im just going for a visit as i say i have only a refuguee passport from the netherlands
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: im a status holder
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: so can i travel o no to the uk?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  iram a replied 1 year ago.


i can help you for your concerns.

when did you get this travel document?

where are you from originally ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im refugee from the Netherlands since last, year I got the passport last week , am originally from Venezuela but I do have a Venezuelan passport I do used only my refugee travel document and my ID card from the Netherlands
Expert:  iram a replied 1 year ago.

Is your refugee status stamped on the Venezuelan passport?

Expert:  iram a replied 1 year ago.

Or your refugee travel document issued under EU convention (black or blue)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I don't have a Venezuelan passport anymore I do have a dutch refugee passport a travel document for refugee blue one
Expert:  iram a replied 1 year ago.


i give your answer.

You need to get visit visa to come to UK from your nearest UK Embassy on your Dutch refugee travel document.

i hope it will help you.

Please you give 5 star to encourage me to help people

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for surei most have to have a visa to travel to the uk?
Expert:  iram a replied 1 year ago.

for your satisfaction, i have attached the link to address your issue.

please read Number 13.2 of this link

i hope it will help you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All holders of 1951 CTDs, except those issued by the UK, are required to give a record of their fingerprints on arrival in the UK. Visas endorsed on 1951 CTDs do not confer leave to enter. here its mine confusion because they talk about finger prints up to arrival that's means a visa ?
Expert:  iram a replied 1 year ago.

It does not mean visa, it only explains about fingerprints on arrival. Visa must be endorsed on the travel document then fingerprints would be taken on arrival at UK airport.

i hope it will help you.

Expert:  iram a replied 1 year ago.

I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you