Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
101823876

Does UK court orders carry any weight in Denmark and if it

Customer Question

Does UK court orders carry any weight in Denmark and if it does what’s is the best way to proceed where the other party has custody of the 3 children and she is continually breaching the access order for fortnightly access, school holidays access, birthdays arrangements which father is sticking to.. flying there to pick up after school and returning them on Sunday afternoon in order to fly back to UK to enable getting to work on Monday morning. The arrangement is challenging enough without mother constantly seeking to change the court order undertakings. Does court orders have any useful purpose in such situations whereby Danish authorities are outside of UK jurisdiction. Russ
JA: What steps has the father taken? Have they filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not since the order was reached a
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does the father live in?
Customer: guildford court. Father lives in surrey
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He is doing his best to maintain his relationships with the 3 children, boy aged 13, girl aged 11 and boy aged 9. Relation with mother is via email only due to breakdown of their relationship.. efforts to reach agreement with her is a huge struggle.
Category: European Law
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly.

There are mutual enforcement powers yes.

But he would actually enforce this in the first instance in the UK courts, if there is continuous non-compliance.

Can you give me more information about the breaches? Does she have a good excuse to breach the order or is she just being awkward?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She has persistently breached all Uk holiday dates and times for the children and on a number of occasions done the same with fortnightly contact as well. She is clearly being awkward as the now persistent trend continue implies. The court order terms are required time and again but she chooses to ignore the conditions of the order to consider that she is justified (above the law) to do what she wants. He has followed the order to the letter and is up today with all his financial commitments. She is now basing her decisions on a danish body “Famikieretshuset” and her phycologist. She has on one occasion at least left the eldest child overnight “home alone” with his cousin who is also of same age of 13 yo.. he has expressed his anxieties with his father and is scared go into any room by himself and needs to accompanied by one of his younger siblings.. mother does not appear to have any control over his choices “wishes and feeling” as advocated by authorities has completely failed to understand the absolute need for boundaries in place. UK Independent social worker sowed the seed that he can you choose to do whatever he likes.. digressed a bit unfortunately.. two younger siblings are no doubt taking note.

OK. Ultimately, what is your partner's goal - is it to get back control and have the order followed or does he have sufficient welfare concerns that is looking to have the children returned to the UK permanently?

Expert:  Peter Collins replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I didn't hear from you. Did you receive my reply?

Can I assist you further with your question?

Kind regards,

Peter

Hello.

I didn’t receive confirmation that you received my response to your question.

Was there anything that needed clarifying at all?

Kind regards,

Peter

Hello, I didn't receive confirmation that you received my reply.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter