JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I am defending myself due to a solicitor dropping out last

I am defending myself due to a solicitor dropping out last minute. If the judgement was awarded in my favour can I file a statement of costs?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

Yes you can do and as you are a litigant in person you can claim £19 per hour (pursuant to rule 46.5 of the Civil Procedure Rules 1998). The N260 form is to be used and you can include your costs on that - then serve it on both the other side and the court.

I hope this answers your question – if so could you please click 5 stars at the top of your screen, that will give me a rating on the site and I can answer any follow up questions at no extra charge.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi as the case is due on monday does this mean I can still take this to the court?

Yes, you can hand it to the usher at the court who will pass it to the judge. You can also hand the other side a copy before the hearing. If you win then the costs may be assessed there and then or the judge may make an order for costs to be assessed in due course if not agreed

Customer: replied 3 months ago.