How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 14798
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your European Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I am defending myself due to a solicitor dropping out last

This answer was rated:

I am defending myself due to a solicitor dropping out last minute. If the judgement was awarded in my favour can I file a statement of costs?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

Yes you can do and as you are a litigant in person you can claim £19 per hour (pursuant to rule 46.5 of the Civil Procedure Rules 1998). The N260 form is to be used and you can include your costs on that - then serve it on both the other side and the court.

I hope this answers your question – if so could you please click 5 stars at the top of your screen, that will give me a rating on the site and I can answer any follow up questions at no extra charge.

Many thanks,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi as the case is due on monday does this mean I can still take this to the court?

Yes, you can hand it to the usher at the court who will pass it to the judge. You can also hand the other side a copy before the hearing. If you win then the costs may be assessed there and then or the judge may make an order for costs to be assessed in due course if not agreed

JimLawyer and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you