ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
104128041

I intend of sending a ''letter before action'' to claim 5800

I intend of sending a ''letter before action'' to claim 5800 pounds my ex partner owes me which i have evidence for. I have the ''letter before action'' in front of me right now. But it says ''''i refer to the above matter and to the above sum which i paid to you on (insert date) in respect of (insert details for what the payment was for)''''. Well the money he forced me to give him, it was monthly and sometimes in cash but i got proves. So while i cannot insert a specific date while it was a continuous act, what should i insert? Or should i leave it blank? In addition on the left top of the letter it says ''''(insert name and address)''''. Do i have to add my ex's full name and address or mine? Thanks

good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

You may want to then say, " which I made continuous payments to you, by force, in the month of XXX OR over a period of XX months from the month of XX to the month of XX"

The above is for you to demonstrate when the action took place, you do not have to give a specific date but can be a time period.

You would insert your exs full name and address.

I hope this answers your question.

Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance. Kindly take the time to rate the services received.

Best wishes

RL