Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I have a question regarding the case of digital product

Hello, I have a question regarding the case of digital product misrepresentation in online website. The sum of purchase is quite low 16Eur but I would like to know if I could possibly pursue any legal action in Turkish court and what would be the full fees for non Turkish citizen. If the fees would satisfy I would like to consult more regarding the process. Thank you.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Hi there, I have requested an online ticket/help but they declined it that digital item purchased cant be refunded or even changed, even I told they misrepresented their item
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In the photo you can see that points are sold in Euros and message on top say - points can be used in euw and eune servers. The message is very confusing and represent the product.

Even if you issue proceedings in the UK, the court fee will be at least you will GBP35.

Because Turkey is not in the EU, you could not issue a European claim. Who knows what is going to happen with those in a weeks time.

In respect of going to Turkey, would need to speak to a Turkish lawyer we do not have one on here although I imagine that if you did you would have to travel to Turkey for the court proceedings will not normally recover those travelling costs.

Whilst it’s annoying, it’s simply not practical to pursue anyone such a low value claim.

It’s really annoying, I can appreciate that. If these companies rip off a million people for a nominal amount of EUR16, they have made a lot of money for nothing.

If I have answered your question for you, at the top of the page, you should see a rating facility. Can you please rate my reply 3 stars or more because that really helps me? Please note you are not rating whether it’s favourable, because sometimes you may not get the answer you want, but basically my knowledge and way of dealing.

The thread does not close and I am happy to answer any questions you may have arising from this.