ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
104128041

I just got a notice for collection proceeding for an unpaid

Hi -
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I just got a notice for collection proceeding for an unpaid speeding fine in Pisa Italy
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: haven't spoken to a lawyer yet, i only received the letter today yes the speeding fine was from Italy, i live in the UK and it ws from Jun 2918 the speeding fine
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: no steps yet, still researching what my options are
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, any more info u need from me?

Do you dispute the fine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yes I disputed the fine when I received the ticked and then I didn’t hear anything back till today roughly a year later
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’m curious if the uk collection agency has any jurisdiction here in the uk to try to collect an old fine that was disputed
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The letter doesn’t specify the break down of the charge or what exactly it’s for just that they representing the province of Pisa

Thank you for the addtioanl information.

There is nothing in law preventing the ticket being pursued a year after the ticket was incurred. They have opt to five years before it becomes barred from being pursued.

Additionally, they may sell, and often do sell the debt off to collection companies to pursue.

This however does not prohibit you challenging the legitimacy of the ticket and the amount that is being charged. There are two options available. You may opt to pay the debt and challenge it after. Alternatively, you may challenge the debt as this stage.

If you do opt to challenge the debt, I would not ignore the letter. I would write back, disputing the legitimacy of the debt and asking for them to provide a breakdown of the amount being charged and the reasons for this.

Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance. Kindly take the time to rate the services received.

Best wishes

RL

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, will send them a letter. Tks

You are most welcome!