MARCUS Malin
MARCUS Malin,
Experience:  Consultant Solicitor at Setfords
66642005

My daughter has three children by a czech man. They

Customer Question

My daughter has three children by a czech man. They currently live in Czech but it was agreed that when the eldest was old enough for school they would move back to uk. The father and my daughter are not married. It is my understanding that the mother is normally the primary carer so she should be able to bring them home?
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No they are still on reasonable terms but he has a lawyer friend who says she needs to get him to sign something to say she can bring them home to UK
JA: Has she talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: Only the same one that is a friend of the father of her children
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The father has moved to germany to earn money because they are in dept but he has sent little money home. I'm sending money and paying for preschool for the older boys they are 8 months 2 and 4
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  MARCUS Malin replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

Your daughter will need to take advice from a local solicitor in the Czech Republic.

My understanding is thst the law in the Czech Republic is the sane as the UK by which your daughter would need either permission of the father or the court in the Czech Republic to remove the children on a permanent basis.

Certainly in the UK such applications are commonly allowed if made for good reason and are well thought out.

Marcus.

Hello, I would be most grateful if you would kindly rate my answer to enable me to get credit for it.If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.Thank you.Marcus.

Hello, I would be most grateful if you would kindly rate my answer to enable me to get credit for it.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Marcus.