JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I have bought a ticket for Madonna show In London via page

Hello, I have bought a ticket for Madonna show In London via page Stub Hub 10 days ago from PayPal. All looks fine until I realised this payment went through some weird eBay address. I payed £600 and apparently this page is fraud and I could get a fake tickets. I asked for refund but I am worried I won’t get any money back..

Hello, my name is Jim and I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today. I am typing out your answer.

The first thing to do is to report this to the Police and to Action Fraud so that you can obtain a crime reference number. The Action Fraud website where you can report the crime is here: http://https://www.actionfraud.police.uk

Once you have done that then see if your bank or credit card company can do a charge-back on the monies. If you paid with a credit card you may be able to make a claim against the card provider under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. If you paid by debit card then your bank may be subscribed to the voluntary code to refund you if you have been scammed.

Your bank should be able to reimburse you for this - they will want the crime number first (from Action Fraud) though.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button at the top of your screen to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Morning, if you could please rate 5 stars for the answer I would be grateful.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much!!! You helped me a lot! I really appreciate it..