JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I have received a notice of proposed allocation to the multi

I have received a notice of proposed allocation to the multi track form with a directions questionnaire. I am one of the defendants. It says to attempt to agree directions with all other parties and to file proposed directions in accordance with CPR29.1(2) with the directions questionnaire. I am not sure how to go about this, I have been on holiday and only have until the 13th to file these.

Hello, my name is Jim and I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

It means you need to try agree various dates with the other side for exchange of evidence among other things. I have attached a draft order which you can attach to your direction questionnaire. It is standard so you can just send it to the court with your questionnaire. You may not hear from the other side with their proposed dates - you can send them a copy of yours and just say that standard directions should apply in this case. Let me know if you can't see the attachment.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (the top right of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for that it is very helpful. In regards to evidence etc there was originally a hearing as we defended the claim (it was in small claims I believe) the judge said that our evidence stands as she tried to get it dismissed. Does this mean if it is now in the multi track we can submit new evidence and a new witness statement or will the original documents stand?

The case has not yet been allocated - the questionnaire is considered by the court to determine the appropriate track. If it is a high value or complex case then the court will allocate more resources to the case and it would either be Fast Track or Multi Track.

In terms of evidence, it is still relevant so yes, you can use it in the case going forwards. Any new evidence can be disclosed in due course - the court will send you a date for "standard disclosure" - you can see that in the draft directions I sent to you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
ok thank you