JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Jim, thanks for your replies they are so helpful. You sent

Hi Jim, thanks for your replies they are so helpful. You sent me a witness statement form which is different from the defence form. I thought that the witness statement would go in before a court date? Or is this suitable to use now and I place on the defence form, see witness statement?I also have a number of witnesses who have been trained successfully by the company who are happy to give a statement. When can I quote them? Is this later if it goes to court or do I put their remarks on my own witness statement? Thanks you for all your help

Hi there, no problem. In terms of the defence, that always come first.

The court will give a date whereby witness statements are exchanged (simultaneously) with the other side.

Ideally the witnesses would do their own statement - you cannot give evidence for them under the Civil Procedure Rules - so they have to do a similar statement to yours if they want to help you.

I hope this helps?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thats great thank you. So the form you sent me was a witness statement. I take it I dont use this until later and simply create a document called "Defence"? Or should I use the form you sent me?

Yes correct - the witness statement comes later. I attach the defence template - you will need to address each allegation in this defence. Then sign and date - and send to the court. Also send one copy to the claimant.