How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 23328
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your European Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

If the IOPC replied they do not investigate a complaint

This answer was rated:

If the IOPC replied they do not investigate a complaint themselves because it does not meet its criteria and send it to the Professional Standards who did not uphold what can someone do.
Can we not complaint about serious police misconducts then?

What was the nature of the complaint?

At this stage, I don’t particularly have much faith in either organisation I must tell you. I think they are far more protective than they should be. But, that’s just my personal opinion.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That is why they have neglected (over a year) a serious case of wildlife crime, illegal fishing poaching and not safeguarding a child.
The police refuse to investigate and lie that they have but found no evidence and refuse to communicate about it even with imposing bans not to email or I will be prosecuted for harassment.
Which they tried once already
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What do I do next?

Apart from complaining about the 2 organisations, your final remedy is judicial review.

But, and this husband alluded to before, you have no locus to do so if you are simply an innocent bystander who is concerned about all this illegality going on, on land which is owned by someone else.

Judicial review can be expensive and risky so be prepared to spend 10 grand at least and potentially more if you lose.

Stuart J and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have made the Jr application already.
I will need to ask more questions, feel free to answer what you can.
For the moment I need clarification on your statement:
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
34;if you are simply an innocent bystander...on land owned by someone else".
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If the police claim that they have investigated all relevant reports but found no evidence and I can prove that they have not investigated all my reports and lie do I have a good standing for a jr against the police?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Could you please answer my questions?

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. Sometimes things don’t appear in my inbox is waiting but that is usually after the thread is about five days old.

I don’t how you can prove they have not investigated less you were camping in the area 24/7 or have CCTV monitoring but I take your word for it.

That would be a complaint to the IOPC.