JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I had a CCJ set aside with the claim struck out and the

Hello - I had a CCJ set aside with the claim struck out and the court has ordered the claimant to pay my legal fees. They have missed the deadline and a charging order has been put in by my lawyer. I would like to avoid spending a significant amount more in fees in an effort to be reimbursed for the significant fees already incurred and would like to also put in a N349 myself for a third party debt order (to cover my bases on the reimbursement). My question is whether or not it is possible for me to submit a form like this on my own behalf if correspondence regarding my case has been officially registered with the county court as being handled by my legal representative.

Hello, my name is Jim and I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

If you have a solicitor acting for you and they are on court record as acting then you need them to do this. That is unless you tell them they are no longer instructed and they will then come off court record - which leaves you free to make the application yourself. Bear in mind the third party debt order requires the defendant's bank account to be in credit - and the money is frozen as at the date of the court order - no further credits to their account would be taken.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (the top right of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 2 months ago.