How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 10629
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your European Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I had a CCJ set aside with the claim struck out and the

This answer was rated:

Hello - I had a CCJ set aside with the claim struck out and the court has ordered the claimant to pay my legal fees. They have missed the deadline and a charging order has been put in by my lawyer. I would like to avoid spending a significant amount more in fees in an effort to be reimbursed for the significant fees already incurred and would like to also put in a N349 myself for a third party debt order (to cover my bases on the reimbursement). My question is whether or not it is possible for me to submit a form like this on my own behalf if correspondence regarding my case has been officially registered with the county court as being handled by my legal representative.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

If you have a solicitor acting for you and they are on court record as acting then you need them to do this. That is unless you tell them they are no longer instructed and they will then come off court record - which leaves you free to make the application yourself. Bear in mind the third party debt order requires the defendant's bank account to be in credit - and the money is frozen as at the date of the court order - no further credits to their account would be taken.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (the top right of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,


JimLawyer and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you