How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 3633
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your European Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I'm a resident of the UK. But I'm currently travelling and

This answer was rated:

Hi there,I'm a resident of the UK. But I'm currently travelling and out if the country.I have made an online purchase of a scope with my prepaid card provided by soldo.comMerchant didn't accept the payment and now Soldo is not returning my money back to my card and asking for a Declaration notarized document.Since I'm not in the country, I need someone to do this for me ASAP!Need a solicitor based in UK I think who can make this notarized document

Hi when are you back in the UK? and have they been specific about what document they require and within what period? I can only imagine they want a notarised affidavit, however you have to be present before a solicitor to do this? Where are you because most countries will have legal practitioners able to notarise legal documents?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the response.

They just need this notarized affidavit from the UK only as the card's company is located in the UK.

I can't be present before a solicitor to do this as I'm not in the UK at the moment. I'm in Dubai right now

You will not find a genuine solicitor however that will do an affidavit in the absence of the client. I am a solicitor and to be able to notarise a document as true and correct statement/affidavit the client deposing to such document has to be present. There are firms in the UK with offices in Dubai, you could possibly check if they could do it for you. Are you able to make calls? If so you can call the law society tomorrow and ask for firms which are dual qualified and are also in Dubai. they would normally give you up to 3 names.

SolicitorRM and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you