SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have recieved a single justice procedure for not replying

Customer Question

Hello, I have recieved a single justice procedure for not replying or mitigating, the case was becuase i lost my wallet on a train journey so i couldnt pay on the spot.
If i plead guilty and pay the fine would i get a criminal record?
If so how long would the record be on my dbs?I am a student atm and studying far away so i couldnt awnser the off court settlement as it was send back home
Category: European Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am from Cambridgeshire UK
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 months ago.
Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. The magistrate would consider the plea and yes if he accepts your plea and therefore you are convicted it will appear on your DBS. How long it takes for the sentence to be “spent” will depend on the nature and period of your sentence. It’s really unfortunate you did not manage to send your mitigation in time. I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best