ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I have recieved a Single justice prosecution notice by

Hi i have recieved a Single justice prosecution notice by failing to reply to mitigation, on the SJPN it dowsnt say what offence i am being charged withThis is goviathameslinkI was in a train journey when an inspector came to check tickets i realised that i dont have my wallet anymore and ivelost it, obvsly i couldnt pay on the spot so he asked for my detail which i gave him. Then 2 months later a recieved a letter that i need to pay or they will prosecute me, i failed to reply becuase i am a university student living far away so then they sent me SJPN. I am willing to plead guilty and pay the fine but id like to know what would be the verdict and what offence would they charge me? Also what are the most common verdict they usually give? Would i get a sever criminal record as i am planning to work on a financial industry i am worried that it will affect my future.I tried contacting the Govia thameslink and they told me to email, and ask if i could settle it out of court and i am still awaiting for the reply, what are the chances that they will agree to my request? And this id my first ever offence and im really worriedPlease help

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

With these notices you are required to respond within 21 days of receiving them, failing which the magistrate can proceed and making a decision without further notifying you.

You may offer to negotiate a settlement with the company to have this matter resolved without the court. However be aware of the timeline within which you have to do this.

Alternatively, you may reply by pleading guilty and give a short statement that you ask the court to consider in mitigation in deciding what or how much to fine you. These are non record able offences so would not turn up in a DBS check.

I hope I was able to help. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly indicate by clicking on the stars at the top of the screen whether you have accepted the answer given.

best wishes

RL

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you so much that lessens the stress

You are welcome. Happy I was able to help.